The Dahill Group is seeking a bilingual litigation attorney for highly regarded international oil & gas client.
Responsibilities of the position include:
– Handling a broad range of disputes of varying complexity in the Latin America & Caribbean Region.
– Identifying legal issues relevant to matters handled and acting with the appropriate urgency.
– Identifying all potential problem areas with respect to cases and matters.
– Providing strategy and supervision to outside counsel.
– Identifying applicable legal restraints and proposing legal resolutions to lawsuits, disputes and regulatory challenges.
– Recommending legal contingencies and provisioning relating to litigation matters handling.
– Reporting significant litigation risks.
– Liaising with Communications and Investor Relations to provide messaging with respect to litigation matters that pose potentially high reputational risk.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
– 7 years experience as a licensed lawyer or a registered Foreign Legal Consultant, with significant hands-on litigation experience in Latin America.
– Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish is a strict requirement. Portuguese is preferred.
– Outstanding academic credentials.
– Knowledge of a wide variety of legal issues and expertise in specific areas of the law in Latin America.
– Valid passport, visa eligibility and ability to travel to Latin America and Caribbean Countries.
Please review additional information about the position at www.TheDahillGroup.com